CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 20, 2008

I've been tagged!

I was tagged by Danielle on her blog to tell about my man, so here goes…


What's his name? Brett Aaron Hampton

How long have you been together? 5 Years this month…married almost 4.

How long did you date? We dated for about a year before we were marries, but we’ve known each other for almost 10…wow!!!

How old is he? 26….for awhile he thought he was 25 and was devastated when I reminded him he was 26, but he got over it pretty quickly. :)

Who eats more? Definitely me! Brett sometimes forgets to eat and when he really puts his mind to it he can eat more than me at one meal, but in general, I consume way more food than he does!

Who said 'I love you' first? Brett…he’s the gutsy one.


Who is taller? He is. I was always paranoid about being taller than the guy I was dating, so on our first date I wore my tallest boots and had my mom check to see if he was still taller than me. Luckily, he passed the first test! :)

Who sings better? Neither of us are spectacular, but Brett is definitely better than I am.

Who is smarter? I’ve got the brains for math, but I have to admit that Brett takes the cake on the rest. Just look at his blog, “Cognitive Dissonance”…I don’t even know what that means!

Who does the laundry? Me. Brett has offered, but I’m too anal about my laundry (some pants need to be dried in the dryer, some need to be stretched and hung to dry, some need to be hung but not stretched, etc.) It’s easier for me to do it than to write a manual for him.

Who does the dishes? Definitely me. Once Brett tried, but I came in to see him turning away from the sink and gagging. He wasn’t even doing it to be funny, either. He really cannot stand to touch a dish after it’s been in the sink. I guess we all have our quirks!

Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Brett, if you are looking at the bed.

Who pays the bills? Brett

Who mows the lawn? This is embarrassing….my mother-in-law. If anyone knows Val, you know that she is a saint! Brett was frustrated because he was so busy with school last semester and our yard is so huge that it would take him a couple of hours each time he did it. I was super pregnant and not much help, so Val just started showing up to do it for us. One time Brett refused to let her use our lawn mower because he felt bad she was doing all that work, so she brought her own! His sisters helped out, too. We were spoiled!!!

Who cooks dinner? It used to be me, but when I was pregnant it made me sick, so I quit cooking. I’m trying to work my way back into it, but when I fall short, Lynn Wilson is our man! Brett has survived off of burritos, corn dogs and bagels.


Who drives when you are together? Brett drives, but I always offer helpful suggestions and constructive criticism.

Who is more stubborn? We’re both pretty stubborn about different things.


Who kissed who first? Brett kissed me first…once again, he’s the gutsy one.

Who asked who out first? He asked me.

Who proposed? Brett surprised me with the proposal…whoohoo!

Who is more sensitive? Definitely me. Brett refuses to watch chick-flicks with me because inevitably I will end up crying.

Who has more friends? It’s probably sixes, although we generally hang out with his friends more often.

Who has more siblings? Brett has one more than I do.

Who wears the pants in the family? We’re pretty equal.

2 comments:

Alesha said...

Love it! You two are cute!

Danielle said...

I'm so glad you did that! It's fun to read about people's husbands. I forgot about his dishes fedish...hilarious.