During my entire pregnancy, my biggest fear was how I was going to handle having both Chief and Boston at the same time. As much as we love Chief, he was a very high maintenance dog. I hate to admit it, but he pretty much was our shadow, including sleeping in our bed (until he started climbing up in between us and trying to push me off, that is!). He was also incredibly hyper. He had so much energy and loved to jump and climb all over us...not so good with a brand new baby. I would even have nightmares about it. He totally came through and has turned into the absolute best dog, though. Not that he's perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but he has made HUGE improvements. He knows to give Boston his space (although occasionally he will try to lick the biter biscuit remains off of his fingers or drop his bone in Boston's lap in an attempt to play fetch).
He's learned that usually if he waits long enough, we'll share the uneaten remainders of Boston's biter biscuits as a treat....as you can see, he thinks it's worth the wait.
He has also learned that he needs to play it cool and be mellow while Boston's awake, but he'll have our attention once it's Boston's bedtime. He cracks me up...usually we'll lay down on the couch and watch TV to wind down at night. No matter how hard we try to prevent it, Chief always finds a way to climb on up. This pic is one I took when I went downstairs one morning. Chief and Brett were sound asleep. Brett started to complain, but did make the comment that Chief kept him warm. :)
This picture is one of Chief caught in the act. Whenever I load the dishwasher, he tries like mad to get in there and help me scrub the silverware, if you know what I mean. Yuck!!! Well, I had my back turned to the sink and didn't realize that Chief had his head in there (major no-no). When I turned around and saw his face, although he tried to give me his most innocent look, he was definitely busted!!!
Tuesday, March 25, 2008
An Ode to Chief
Posted by Kim at 8:23 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Awe the good ol dogs! I love the pic of him and Brett. So cute! Just you wait till he is trying to snatch every snack out of Bostons hand. SO ANNOYING! Hey did you get the invite to my blog?
Your dog is so cute. I don't believe that we have ever met. :)
I am so glad that I am not the only one that uses those wraps. THey to me are God sent because they are such a life saver when they want to held and you don't have the time to just hold them or for me the best is when I go to the grocery store and don't have to worry about sticking him in those nasty carts.
We need to get together. So look over ya'lls calendars and we will plan something. We should get a hold of Ben and Cassie and Brad and Megan and Jon and Ali as well and just make a night of it. What do you think?
Post a Comment