CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

One crazy couple of weeks!!!

It has been a crazy few weeks. Let's start with Boston. About 2 1/2 weeks ago, he seemed to be coming down with a little cold (nothing new...he must have inherited my immune system). It wasn't too bad, so we weren't too worried. On Monday, Val called me while I was at work and said that Boston was breathing kind of funny, so I went over and, sure enough, he was wheezing. I figured that we'd better take him to the doctor, just to be safe. His breathing kept getting worse, so I was relieved that we were able to get right in. To my surprise, the poor kid had RSV and it had turned in to bronchiolitis. I felt so bad for the little guy!! They tried a nebulizer at the doctor's office, and when that didn't work they sent us over to the hospital to meet with a Respiratory Therapist. They put tubes down his nose and tried to suction out as much as they could. Poor guy! Even though he felt crummy, he was such a trooper through the whole thing, smiling at all the doctors (with the exception of when they put the tubes down his nose!). We really lucked out, though, and he never had to be actually admitted to the hospital. We attribute that to a blessing and lots of prayers. Thank you to Don for being handy for a blessing and to Val for being a lifesaver and coming to his apointments with me so that I didn't totally lose it!

The next item of drama that was unfolding at the same time...I went in to the doctor to have a new spot checked on my eyelid and he thought it was melanoma...yet again! We were all pretty sure that it was because it looked so much like the last one, so they did a biopsy and I had to wait two long weeks to get the results. Between that and Boston's sickness, it was an agonizing couple of weeks, but I'm happy to say that the results came back benign...whoohoo!!!! Once again, thanks to Don and Val for all of their help. We are truly blessed and soooooooooo happy to have those weeks behind us! Now we're ready for a healthy rest of the year!!

Now on a good note...we truly have some of the best friends ever! One night last week, Boston and I were just hanging around the house when there was a knock at the door. To our surprise, it was Brett, Brad and Megan with a HUGE surprise...a brand new treadmill! Now this wasn't just any treadmill...this is a super, super nice treadmill! I won't bore you with all the details, but it is at least 100 times nicer than my last one. It felt like my birthday! They work for a company that sells treadmills and convinced their boss to give one to me for free. AWESOME!!! I love it!!! I am one lucky girl. Boston loves it, too. He donned his sweat suit and decided to have a go...

2 comments:

Alesha said...

Oh Ko just had bronchiolitis just barley too, it is miserable and I bet even worse with a younger child! SOOO glad it was benign, I would hate for you to go through that again! Love the treadmil, can I get one? haha

Cassie said...

Poor Boston i feel so bad. that must have been why he was so not happy when i had him the other day "( that just means we have to take him another day to make up for it. That is awesome about your treadmill!!!! Now Brett will never get you off that thing!!