Hooray!!!! For those of you who've noticed we've been MIA lately, it's almost over! We can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel! We started doing some major remodeling of our house the last week of June, thinking it would just take a couple of weeks...HA!!!) and I am happy to say that we have just a few teeny tiny things to do and we will officially be done! Today we did the last big piece of the project...grouting the tub surround and the backsplash in the kitchen. Even though I'm covered in grout clear up to my shoulders (who knew it dries so fast and hard!), I'm ecstatic! I cannot emphasize how excited we are about this....not only because we will be able to enjoy our home, but because every spare second won't be filled working on the house. We can actually have a real weekend again, instead of pulling an all nighter to finish a project. HOORAY!!! Okay...enough of my ramblings on that topic. I'll post pictures for those of you who don't live close shortly.
Now that that is wrapping up, I've got a lot of catching up to do, so please forgive the random pics that follow. We have crammed some fun in between, so to prove that this summer wasn't just about work, here goes...
We've had some good times with Chief, the all too often neglected member of our family. This is one of my all time favorite pics! Totally cracks me up! We took it at Silver Lake, where we went with my mom, Devani and her family.Boston totally surprised us and, my little boy who hates dirt, not only loved wading in the muddy water, but also decided that dirt is pretty tasty. Yuck!
We also found a cool hiking trail with Holly, Ryan & Dakota. Chief and Dakota loved playing in the water. I think Chief is part dog/part fish.
Here's Boston watching the action in his cool shades.And here is Chief recovering the next day....he's just not as young as he used to be.
Finally, I cannot tell you how much I love this picture! Mason came over this summer, and apparently Devani let him dress himself that day. Too dang cute! I have to say, I truly have the cutest nephews ever! Honestly! I have some fun pics of them, but I can't find my camera cord at the moment, so stay tuned! :)
Saturday, October 4, 2008
The light at the end of the tunnel
Posted by Kim at 11:41 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Love the photos!! We need to have another play date for Cheif and Belle! -and invite Dakota too- (and we'll leave them and go out to dinner again! haha)
Can't wait to see the finished project of your home! :)
Oh I want to come see your house, and you and boston....lets do it!
Sounds like you have been busy! I am glad your house is basically done. That stuff is so time consuming. Can't wait to see the pics!
We are open for hangout whenever. I will call ya or you can call me 656-9945.
Congrats on the house! Can't wait to see it!
Your nephews are adorable:)! So is mine! I love the picture of him with your header! How did you set it up like that? My pictures get cut off by the column on the right if I try to put them in my layout page. Your house does look great, by the way. You've done a great job!
Great Pictures! I am so excited for you guys! I sure wish I was remodeling my whole house!I am so jealous about your new kitchen...sigh. Boston sure is adorable- he is getting so big!
Post a Comment