It has been a crazy couple of weeks and I have tons of pictures to document it, so I'll start with our trip to Oregon. My parents were kind enough to grant my birthday wish for a plane ticket to Oregon. It has been four long years since I've visited and I figured I may as well take advantage of it while Boston flies free (although now I know that the real cost is the struggle to entertain a 1-year old during the flight). It started off a little shaky. Instead of packing the night before, I spent a good part of the evening taking Boston to the doctor and filling his prescriptions for a sinus infection. Not exactly in my plans, but at least we caught it before we left. The plane ride was a little sketchy at times, but everyone around us was super nice when Boston threw a brief tantrum. We ended up having the whole row to ourselves, too, so all in all it we lucked out. Just a note, I do not recommend trying to change a dirty diaper in an airplane bathroom. Yikes!
Once we arrived in Portland, everything went just perfectly! Boston took an immediate interest in Naila's doghouse and offered her a little competition.

Once we arrived in Portland, everything went just perfectly! Boston took an immediate interest in Naila's doghouse and offered her a little competition.
Boston also got to meet his Uncle Spencer. I know...I'm quite the photographer. Way to capture the moment, Kim!
Here is Spencer with his girlfriend, Kali. She is such a fun girl and Boston took an instant liking to her, as well.
The first night there, we also got to meet several new members of "the family"....Harley's new wife, Alecia, Ryan's new wife, Rebecca, and Stacie's new baby, Moses. In typical fashion, I forgot to get any pictures. Dang! We took an instant liking to the new wives and Moses was adorable. Boston got a little jealous when I was holding Moses, but other than that it was all good.
The next morning we headed to one of my favorite places on earth, my aunt's beach house in Florence. This picture of Corbin sleeping cracks me up...are you sure that was Sobe in his bottle? :)
Even though Florence was a bit chilly, it was so incredibly gorgeous! Here is a picture off of the back deck....this lake is a water-skier's dream come true! Slap on a wet suit and it's the best water you could ask for!
Boston's favorite parts were ringing the dinner triangle...
and showing Grandma Nina how he can dunk. This kids got skills!
He also took his maiden voyage on the boat. Although he wasn't a fan of the bulky life-vest (he thought it made him look fat), he loved the ride.
After a good morning of skiing, it was off to the beach. Heceda Head lighthouse is just a short drive away. Boston loved the beach and was fascinated by all of the birds.
Oops...looking at the wrong camera! :)

Here's Spencer giving Scott a piggy-back ride so he wouldn't get his feet week. We all got a good kick out of that!
Here's the fam. Can you tell who the tourists are? (hint: which people are wearing coats?)
There's a portion below the lighthouse where the waves crash. This was at low tide, and even then the waves came close to us. It's amazing!
After that, it was back to the beach house for a weiner roast. Yum! Can't beat that!!!
All in all, the only thing that could have made this trip better was having Brett with us. We had such a good time visiting with family and catching up with friends. Thanks so much for the present, Mom and Dad!!! We are so lucky to have you and can't wait til we see you again!
7 comments:
I love Oregon! This post brings back lots of memories. Glad you got to go!
How fun! I can't believe you haven't been back for four years. I am glad you were able to make it. That sounds like a great b-day present.
Love the picture with Boston and the Sobe!
This trip looks like it was a blast! I love that you posted all the pictures becasue I love being able to see all the good times. It makes me wanna go there. Especially to the lighthouse.
That makes me want to visit there. Maybe next year for your birthday, they will let you bring a friend?!?! HAHA!!
that sounds like so much fun!!! BY the way we really need to get together we haven't seen you guys in way too long like BOston is walking!!!! Haven't seen that yet so very sad.
Beautiful Pictures Kim! Wow!
Sounds like it was an amazing trip! It makes me want to go to the ocean!
Kim,
It is great to see what you have been up to. Boston is adorable. I can't believe that our boys are only two days apart. If you want to check out our blog it is fellaville.blogspot.com
Post a Comment