CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 24, 2008

It's about time....

Wow...it has been a crazy few weeks and, as some as you may have noticed, blogging was one of the things that got cut out. For the past few weeks we have been busy with lots of fun and crazy things and, while it's been exhausting, we've had a ball and are excited about all of the changes. It all began with our crazy idea to tear out our kitchen (and bathroom) and do the remodel ourselves. After a month of having no kitchen sink, I'm happy to say that things are coming together quite nicely. I'll post some pics and share some scary stories once it is completely finished (hopefully soon!).

We've also had family come to town and have been keeping busy having fun with them. My dad was a HUGE help and worked like crazy helping us tile our bathroom and put a new tub in. Love, love, love it! Thanks, Dad!!!! We've also had tons of fun with my mom in town and she has helped me make decisions about our kitchen and bathroom. One thing I've learned in life is to trust her opinion, because inevitably a few years down the road, I'll see that she was right! :)


Last but not least, we have been busy celebrating our little B's first birthday. Wow! Time goes way, way, way too fast! I have to admit, it was a shocker to me how emotional I was to realize that my little guy is no longer a baby, but a full blown toddler. While I absolutely love the stage that he is at right now, it's hard to let go. Just wait 17 more years and you'll see me admitted to the asylum when he graduates high school. Yikes! Anyway, back to his birthday...

I kind of cheated and threw Boston two birthday parties. On Wednesday, his actual b-day we had a little family get together. Breaking news....Boston took his very first steps there! I think he knew it would take me a little while to get around to noting it in his baby book, so he made sure to bust it out at his party to make sure I'd remember. It's adorable! He holds his hands up in the air and then laughs and giggles until he reaches you and collapses into a big hug. I love it!!

Here he is, strutting his stuff!


He thought the cake was okay, but he LOVED the ice cream. Yep, he's definitely got some Wells blood in him!

We weren't quite so lucky at his second party. On Saturday we invited family and a bunch of friends to have a BBQ in the mountains to celebrate. Boston was pretty mellow, and we soon found out why when he lost his food (and there was a lot of it) at the campsight. Yikes! He was a trooper, though. Right after that he got so happy and you could tell he felt tons better. When Brett and I took him to the pump to wash him off, he danced all around in it and giggled. Too funny!

Yes, those are matches in his hands. He was more excited about the noise they made when he shook the box than he was about the cake. Oh well...just more for the rest of us, I guess! :) Luckily there were other kiddos around who were all to eager to cover their faces in green frosting.

And last but definitely not least, we had a new addition to the family! Don and Rachel are now the proud parents of Ella Jane Hampton, who was born on July 2nd. CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is adorable and we can't wait to meet the newest little addition.

6 comments:

Alesha said...

Cant believe B is one! Crazy! He is so cute! Love you cupcake croc! so cute! And congrats Rachel!

Rachel H said...

Yea, a post! Can't wait to see the kitchen remodel. Sorry we didn't make it up for the Boston-bean's b-day. We'll see you guys in a couple of weeks! And thanks, Alesha!

Asay Family said...

Kim it sounds liek you guys had a blast up the canyon for his party. The crocidile cake it so incredibly cute! That is very creative. You are very talented.

Danielle said...

Wow, I can't believe that Boston is one! I remember going to your baby shower, and it seems like it was just yesterday!! :)
I love the cute cake! Did you think of that on your own? You are so creative.
I talked to Haley(Thomas) the other day, and she said you are insanely busy at work? I want to get together with you when things slow down.

Mick and Tiff said...

Cute pics! That cake is so cute Kim. You did a great job! I am sorry about the pukies. That is so not fun especially at a birthday party. As for hanging out, I was thinking of having Sara and Jared over as well. What do you think of that? When I figure out a date I will call ya!

oh- and I am glad your parents were able to come to town for the big birthday bash. That is fun!1

Melissa Nelson said...

I love the cake!!! I might have to get with you and figure out how to make that for Cooper's first b-day in December.